By Pallavi Bharadwaj
Black Friday, the Friday after Thanksgiving, is the official kickoff to the holiday buying season. Cyber Monday has become synonymous with online-only shopping deals on the Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend.
Giving Tuesday is a movement to create a national day of giving during the holiday season that will inspire philanthropy and encourage bigger, better, and smarter charitable giving.
HHF is thrilled to participate in Giving Tuesday this year on November 29th.
This Giving Tuesday, please join HHF and support groundbreaking research to cure hearing loss and tinnitus. You can donate directly, or fundraise for a cure.
If you’re looking for some ideas to contribute to HHF on Giving Tuesday:
- Post on Facebook and Twitter (and other social networks that you belong to) encouraging each of your friends to donate $1 to HHF. The average individual has 300 friends on Facebook which means that if each of your friends donates just $1 on Giving Tuesday, you can raise $300 in one day—it’s that easy!
- Contribute to an item on our Wish List and give our researchers the tools they need to conduct their studies.
- Host a potluck dinner party and invite your family and friends to join you by bringing a dish and making a donation to HHF.
- Hold a bake sale at your workplace or your child’s school and advertise that the proceeds will be donated to HHF.
- If you play a musical instrument, ask for donations for your music practice that day.
- Take some time to burn those excess Thanksgiving calories and go for a run, swim (indoors of course!), or bike ride fundraising for every mile accomplished.
- Make a donation to HHF in honor or in memory of someone close to you.
- You can make gifts of appreciated stocks too.
Do you have other ideas to fundraise for a cure? Please share with us in the comments!