+ PLANNED GIVING
Through a planned gift, you can have a meaningful, long-term impact on HHF’s future. You can also make a gift to HHF that pays you income for life, with a rate of return that’s guaranteed, regardless of market fluctuations. You can donate real estate, stocks and bonds, mutual funds, life insurance, personal property and other non-cash assets. Or you can simply remember HHF in your will. Below are two simple ways people choose to make a planned gift:
Bequest (Will): When you remember Hearing Health Foundation in your estate plan, you can join Hearing Health Foundation’s legacy society called the “Baker Society,” named after the founder of Deafness Research Foundation (now named Hearing Health Foundation) Collette Ramsey Baker.
Bequests qualify for unlimited charitable deduction, which can reduce your estate taxes and preserve more of your assets for family and other intended beneficiaries. If you would like to remember HHF in your will, here is sample language: “I bequeath (%) or ($) or (Specific Asset) of my estate to Hearing Health Foundation (Tax ID: 13-1882107) with a principal address of 363 Seventh Avenue, 10th Fl., New York, NY 10001.”
Life Insurance Policy: If you have a life insurance policy that you no longer need, you can designate HHF as the beneficiary of this existing policy and, as a result, make a considerably larger gift than you thought possible — larger than if you were to donate the cash equivalent of the policy’s premiums.
+ TRIBUTE GIFTS
You can support hearing loss research while making a meaningful gift in memory of someone special or in celebration of a loved one’s special occasion, such as a birthday, wedding or anniversary. HHF will send a card acknowledging your gift to those you wish.
+ WORKPLACE GIVING
Hearing Health Foundation participates in several workplace charity campaigns including the Combined Federal Campaign, state employee campaigns and several corporate campaigns.
Hearing Health Foundation is also a member of Network for Good, a nationwide network of charitable organizations that work to promote charitable giving through workplace giving.
Matching Gifts Many employers will match donations to Hearing Health Foundation dollar for dollar or even more — That means your donation could have double or triple the impact!
- Please check with your company’s human resources or community relations department to see if they match employees’ charitable gifts. Then obtain an employer matching gift form.
- Complete the employee portion of the matching gift form.
- Mail to the Hearing Health Foundation so we can fill out the charity portion of the form. We will then send to your employer for the matching gift.
- We will notify you when the matching gift is received from your employer.
+ NAME A GRANT
Hearing Health Foundation’s special “Named Research Grants” Program enables donors to fund a research project and name the grant in their name or in honor or memory of a loved one.
For a minimum gift of $30,000, you can create your Hearing Health Foundation named research grant. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in naming a grant.
Create a giving page with Classy.com to help raise funds to cure hearing loss and tinnitus. There are many different fundraising event ideas from golf outings and bake sales, to birthdays and weddings, to marathons and triathlons. Let your talents and interests lead you to your own fundraiser for HHF! No event is too large or small.
See examples of past events and ideas for creating an event. Individuals, companies, organizations of all sizes have joined in our efforts and we hope you will too!
+ GIFTS OF STOCK
There are several advantages to making a donation of appreciated stock to Hearing Health Foundation. First, you receive a charitable tax deduction for the full value of the stock. You also avoid having to pay capital gains taxes on the stock. Finally, your gift makes a lasting and important impact to help the millions of people who live with hearing loss.
Here’s the information your broker or investment advisor will need to make your gift of appreciated stock:
Hearing Health Foundation Brokerage:
JP Morgan Securities, LLC
277 Park Avenue, 3rd floor
New York, NY 10172
DTC Number: 0352
Account Number: 037-79717
Account Name: Hearing Health Foundation (formerly Deafness Research Foundation)
Broker Name: Hearing Health Foundation c/o Nolan Group
Note: Please also complete this form and fax, email or mail to Hearing Health Foundation. This will ensure that we can properly acknowledge your gift.
+ PARTNER WITH HHF
Being a Partner for Hearing Health gives the chance for organizations to contribute to our life-changing hearing research and education programs, and to show their commitment to the 50 million Americans who have hearing loss. Partnership shows clients, employees, and the public you support the vital research, education, and awareness work of Hearing Health Foundation.
Levels of support for the Partner for Hearing Health Program:
Supporting Partner: $10,000
- Advertisement in Hearing Health e-newsletter
- Listed as a Partner in Annual Report
- Listed as a Supporting Partner on Hearing Health Foundation's website
- Ad for 3 months on Hearing Health Foundation’s website
- Partnership announced on Facebook and Twitter page
Bronze Partner: $25,000
- Same as Supporting Partner plus:
- Listed as a Bronze Partner for Hearing Health on our website
- Use of the Partner for Hearing Health logo on your website
- 4 quarter-page ads in Hearing Health magazine (one ad per quarterly magazine)
Silver Partner $35,000
- Same as Bronze Partner plus:
- Listed as a Silver Partner for Hearing Health on Hearing Health Foundation's website
- Half-page ad in an issue of Hearing Health magazine
- Ad for 6 months on HHF’s website
Gold Partner: $50,000
- Same as Silver Partner plus:
- Exclusive advertiser in one Hearing Health e-newsletter
- Blurb in our e-newsletter announcing partnership
- Listed as a Gold Partner for Hearing Health on Hearing Health Foundation's website
- Ad for 9 months on HHF’s website
- Total ads in Hearing Health = 2 full-pages + 2 quarter-pages
Platinum Partner: $75,000
- Same as Gold Partner plus:
- Listed as a Platinum Partner for Hearing Health on Hearing Health Foundation's website
- Announcement as a Partner for Hearing Health on our Hearing Health Blog
- Ad for 12 months on HHF’s website
- 1 full-page advertorial in Hearing Health Magazine
- Total ads in Hearing Health magazine = 1 full-page + 2 half-pages
+ ADVERTISE WITH US
Hearing Health, our award-winning quarterly magazine, is the ultimate consumer resource on hearing loss and tinnitus. Hearing Health educates individuals about the effects of hearing loss and tinnitus on health and quality of life, and provides solutions based on the latest research and technology.
Hearing Health offers a variety of proven advertising packages. Our publication's print and digital editions are designed to deliver the greatest benefit to consumers and hearing healthcare professionals, providing a unique audience and a wide-ranging reach for advertising messages.
To advertise, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 212-257-6143
Statistics on our Readers, compiled by Readex Research
+ HEARING AID DONATIONS
Through a partnership with Hearing Charities of America, Hearing Health Foundation is collecting used hearing aids so they can be refurbished and given to those in need through the Hearing Aid Project. To donate hearing aids, please email email@example.com or call 212.257.6140.