Fall 2016 REFERENCES
Here are references for the Fall 2016 issue of Hearing Health magazine:
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), “Effects of Hearing Loss on Development.” 2016.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), “Heart Disease.” April 27, 2016.
- CDC, “National Diabetes Statistics Report.” 2014.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), “The Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight.” 2016.
- CMS, “Habilitative/Habilitative Service.” HealthCare.gov, 2016.
- Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight, “Information on Essential Health Benefits (EHB) Benchmark Plans.” 2016.
- Cropp, Ian, “Why Do Hearing Aids Cost So Much?” AARP, October 3, 2014.
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB), “NIH Research Funding Trends.” 2016.
- Bennetto, Loisa; Keith, Jessica M.; Allen, Paul D.; Luebke, Anne E. “Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder Have Reduced Otoacoustic Emissions at the 1 kHz Mid-Frequency Region.” Autism Research, July 12, 2016
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “About Sound.” July 24, 2015.
- Cupples, Linda; Ching, Theresa Y.C.; Crowe, Kathryn; Seeto, Mark; Leigh, Greg; Street, Laura; Day, Julia; Marnane, Vivienne; Thomson, Jessica. “Outcomes of 3-Year-Old Children With Hearing Loss and Different Types of Additional Disabilities.” Journal for Deaf Studies and Deaf Education, August 8, 2013.
- U.S. Department of Education. “Free Appropriate Public Education for Students With Disabilities: Requirements Under Section 504 of The Rehabilitation Act of 1973.” August 2010.
- Edwards, Lindsay C. “Children With Cochlear Implants and Complex Needs: A Review of Outcome Research and Psychological Practice.” Journal for Deaf Studies and Deaf Education, February 26, 2007.
- Edwards L, Hill T, Mahon M. “Quality of Life in Children and Adolescents With Cochlear Implants and Additional Needs.” International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, June 2012.
- University of Rochester Medical Center. “Hearing Test May Identify Autism Risk.” ScienceDaily, July 25, 2016.
- Chung, Yoojin; Hancock, Kenneth E.; Delgutte, Bertrand. “Neural Coding of Interaural Time Differences with Bilateral Cochlear Implants in Unanesthetized Rabbits.” The Journal of Neuroscience, May 18, 2016.
- Gomes, Michelle M.; Wang, Lingyan; Jiang, Han; Kahl, Christoph A.; Brigande, John V. “A Rapid, Cost-Effective Method to Prepare Recombinant Adeno-Associated Virus for Efficient Gene Transfer to the Developing Mouse Inner Ear,” Chapter 3 in “Auditory and Vestibular Research: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology), 2nd Edition.” Humana Press June 2016.
- Mulvaney, J.F.; Thompkins, C.; Noda, Teppei; Nishimura, K.; Sun, Willy W.; Lin, Shuh-Yow; Coffin, Allison; Dabdoub, Alain. “Kremen1 Regulates Mechanosensory Hair Cell Development in the Mammalian Cochlea and the Zebrafish Lateral Line.” Scientific Reports, August 23, 2016.